Homeschooling has proven to be an enriching and character-molding experience in education and family life. While modern worldly families are off to work and always “busy” home life is reduced to sleeping, some entertainment and paying bills. Everything else happens outside the home. Modern families often do not even eat together at a family table. Have you ever noticed that the family table is part of the blessed life mentioned in Psalm 128! If you have that, count yourself blessed!
Homeschooling, however, has brought families together and made the home – not the village, not the company, not “others”, not clique – the heart and core of life. Modern society views family life as merely a customer account for consumer economy. But family life should also be productive. There are family businesses. Families worship together. Families, of course, should also be in charge of education. Not the government. We as believers in Christ do not want a society of government-dependent, government-controlled single individuals who merely “do as they please” and live out every sinful pleasure. Of government we only want protection from foreign enemies and domestic crime. Everything else in life should be self-sustaining without the aid of government. Worship, education, work, family life are all sacred areas which require basically no government intervention except as mentioned in Romans 13 – reward the good, punish the wicked!
Continue Reading »
Germany’s educational system is turning into a socialistic forced re-education camp. In Berlin 1st graders are being taught that a family consists of a man and a man or a woman with a woman. They call it “gender mainstreaming” and they are misleading young souls and deceive them with sinful ways of life presenting them as an alternative lifestyle. That is what happens when a society no longer has a final authority – the word of God – and is left to the imagination of their evil heart (Jer. 3:16). That is why America cannot afford to become an ObamaNation for another 4 years. With God’s help we can change to the right. That is why it is smart to consider abolishing the department of education that was just stated in 1980. American education was at its best when there were small schools in communities and textbooks based on a Christian worldview were used.
Now there is a petition out there to a particular German state where Baptists have been imprisoned because they refused to let their elementary school children participate in subversive sex education program that were anti-family, anti-marriage and anti-abstinence.
Since the days of Adolf Hitler’s education law in 1938 homeschooling has not been allowed in Germany but there exists a compulsory school attendance law in every German state. Those who homeschool in Germany have faced outrageous fines in excess of $10,000, had their homes raided by police, lost custody of their children, had their children taken from them by arrogant social workers. Children were removed from homes by social workers and put into government custody. Parents in the state of Northrhine-Westphalia have been repeatedly imprisoned for homeschooling their children. Homeschooling families have fled Germany and gone to Austria, Norway, Britain and the US. In fact, one family was granted asylum in the state of Tennessee. The states of Tennessee and Georgia released unanimous resolutions calling on Germany to respect parental rights such as the right of parents to guide the upbringing and education of their own children. But in Germany children have become a ward of the state and government control of childrearing and education is increasing through legal changes under the Merkel and Schröder administration. We must reverse this trend and stop the criminalization of traditional family in Germany. No parent should be imprisoned for homeschooling. No parent should be imprisoned for taking their children out of licentious and questionable “sex education” programs. Education is a state matter in Germany, so this petition is addressed to the governer (Ministerpräsidentin) of the state of Northrhine-Westphalia where I live and which is most notorious for repeatedly imprisoning Christian mothers and father for homeschooling or releasing their children from classes that oppose their Christian views. Please sign the petition below!
A Christian woman from Georgia commented on the German developments: “I find it really sad that the children there are subjected to that kind of teaching. I don’t understand how schools can teach against Christianity.” She wanted to be added to the list of petitioners. Please get involved now and share this news with others.
Since Europe’s culture is shaped by socialistic influences and the decline of genuine faith in God it is no wonder that basic rights such as religious freedom, freedom of conscience, right to life and parental & family rights are under attack by bloated bureaucracies.
In Salzkotten (Paderborn, North Renania, Germany) a mother has been sentenced to 43 days in jail for refusing to enroll her children in the sex education program in a local elementary school.
Such an attitude on the part of a public administration in a democratic country of the European Union and member of the Council of Europe is inadmissible and demands a common response of disaproval and solidarity towards the mentioned family.
The signing individuals and entities of this declaration want to remind the Governments and fellow citizens that:
- Article 26.3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: “Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.”
- Article 2 of Protocol 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights which provides: “No person shall be denied the right to education. In the exercise of any functions which it assumes in relation to education and to teaching, the State shall respect the right of parents to ensure such education and teaching in conformity with their own religions and philosophical convictions.”
- Article 18.4 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights states: “The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.”
- Article 14.3 of the Charter of the Fundamental Rights of the European Union states that “the respect to (…) as well as the right of parents to guarantee the teaching and educations of their children according to their own religious, philosophical and pedagogical convictions”.
Therefore, we request:
- That the Federal Republic of Germany immediately releases and compensates all parents accused, arrested or imprisoned because they wanted to educate their children according to their own convictions.
- That all other EU Member States respect parents’ rights under the international legislation and abrogate any rules that may stand in contradiction to those rights.
- That all European Institutions guarantee that both those rights and the international legislation are respected in all EU Member States.
What you just read is the text of the declaration on the recognition of the right of parents to educate their children according to their own convictions to be sent as a petition to governments and parliaments in Europe.
You may sign this petition by clicking here: Sign Declaration Now!
Please inform all your friends and brothers and sisters in Christ to sign this declaration.
In order to protect the rights of parents in the US, please join the effort at www.parentalrights.org to see which senate or house bills you need to be in support of to pass a parental rights amendment to the US Constitution and keep the US from ratifying the anti-family and anti-faith UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.