Mar 13 2011
Parental Rights Under Attack In Europe
Since Europe’s culture is shaped by socialistic influences and the decline of genuine faith in God it is no wonder that basic rights such as religious freedom, freedom of conscience, right to life and parental & family rights are under attack by bloated bureaucracies.
In Salzkotten (Paderborn, North Renania, Germany) a mother has been sentenced to 43 days in jail for refusing to enroll her children in the sex education program in a local elementary school.
Such an attitude on the part of a public administration in a democratic country of the European Union and member of the Council of Europe is inadmissible and demands a common response of disaproval and solidarity towards the mentioned family.
The signing individuals and entities of this declaration want to remind the Governments and fellow citizens that:
- Article 26.3 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: “Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.”
- Article 2 of Protocol 1 of the European Convention on Human Rights which provides: “No person shall be denied the right to education. In the exercise of any functions which it assumes in relation to education and to teaching, the State shall respect the right of parents to ensure such education and teaching in conformity with their own religions and philosophical convictions.”
- Article 18.4 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights states: “The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.”
- Article 14.3 of the Charter of the Fundamental Rights of the European Union states that “the respect to (…) as well as the right of parents to guarantee the teaching and educations of their children according to their own religious, philosophical and pedagogical convictions”.
Therefore, we request:
- That the Federal Republic of Germany immediately releases and compensates all parents accused, arrested or imprisoned because they wanted to educate their children according to their own convictions.
- That all other EU Member States respect parents’ rights under the international legislation and abrogate any rules that may stand in contradiction to those rights.
- That all European Institutions guarantee that both those rights and the international legislation are respected in all EU Member States.
What you just read is the text of the declaration on the recognition of the right of parents to educate their children according to their own convictions to be sent as a petition to governments and parliaments in Europe.
You may sign this petition by clicking here: Sign Declaration Now!
Please inform all your friends and brothers and sisters in Christ to sign this declaration.
In order to protect the rights of parents in the US, please join the effort at www.parentalrights.org to see which senate or house bills you need to be in support of to pass a parental rights amendment to the US Constitution and keep the US from ratifying the anti-family and anti-faith UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Comments Off on Parental Rights Under Attack In Europe